Other Specialist Services
Other specialist services we provide include:
• Engineer to the Contract
• Adjudication and Arbitration Support Services (including expert witnesses)
• Audit Quantity Surveying
• Dispute Mediation
• Client Representation
• Natural Disaster Recovery
• Specialised projects such as The Canterbury Reconstruction
Life Cycle Costing
Life cycle costing establishes the true cost of a building component through the expected life of the building. By comparing design and material alternatives, the true cost of proposed options are represented as a present day value, factoring in capital cost, running cost, maintenance cost and life expectancy. This analysis ensures appropriate investment decisions are made.
Insurance Replacement Cost Estimates
Insurance replacement cost estimating establishes the total reinstatement cost of the subject property for insurance purposes and we provide cost estimates for both residential and commercial properties.
The tailored cost estimates that we produce, provide certainty that the estimated cost of rebuilding has been established on actual market costs and is specific to the insured property, considering all unique aspects that will affect its replacement value, thus ensuring the appropriate level of insurance cover is in place.
Since 2011, Kingstons have been working as independent auditors for IAG New Zealand and their reinsurers on the Canterbury earthquake reconstruction work. IAG encompasses insurance brands State and NZI amongst others.
Kingstons conducted an initial review of the set-up phase of the project, including an audit on:
- The project manager's proposed personnel for the project
- Contractor prequalification meetings
- Materials procurement procedures
- Pricing strategies
- Savings achieved by discount structures from supply chain
- Proposed contract agreements between builder and customer
- Payment terms applicable to contract agreements
- Staged payment process based on set milestones
- Consultant agreements regarding observation, practical completion certification (where applicable), professional indemnity insurance, etc.
During reconstruction Kingstons is undertaking random audits on the individual projects to audit the total process, including:
- Initial scoping
- Adherence to procurement procedures
- Progress payments
- Personal reports on contractor and project management staff
- Audit of variations
- Audit of final account
- Recommendations for improvement
- Monitoring of IAG’s brand representation on projects.
These reports are made available to IAG’s reinsurers as an independent audit of IAG’s expenditure on the rebuilding.